Transparent energy and CO2 auditing for regions
The step-by-step switching of the energy supply from fossil fuels to renewable energy sources, as well as the necessary increases in energy efficiency, will pose a number of significant challenges for the global community.
Reliable and efficient instruments for the monitoring of energy consumption and CO2 emissions are indispensable for this, as only that which is being measured can also be controlled.
The ECOSPEED Region software has been specially developed to meet these needs and provides regions, cities and municipalities with the support they require as they work towards a renewable future.
With approximately 2000 towns and municipal districts as customers, ECOSPEED Region is today's STANDARD in Europe and is supported by all the important European town networks.
Scope of services
Four steps to reporting
- Easy to generate at the press of a button
- Over 90% accurate
- Based on defined key figures
- Refinement of the balance sheet with local data
- Added value for your region
- Simulation of measures and scenarios
- Data sourcing via ECOSPEED data subscription
- Enhance your balance sheet and trustworthiness
- Report with useful expert tips
- Seal of approval for your own communications
- Reports at the press of a button: EEA, SECAP, ECOSPEED standard report etc.
- Auditing in line with all recognized standards
- Generation of all necessary key figures
ECOSPEED data subscription
New customers can use the new service to calculate a first opening balance easily and within a few seconds – the initial overhead drops to virtually zero!
The municipalities can use this service to source a variety of data that ECOSPEED obtains, prepares, and makes available to you automatically.
We provide all customers in Germany with the corresponding inhabitant and working population figures free of charge. On request, ECOSPEED Region uses these figures to calculate an opening balance automatically. This already has an accuracy of more than 90%.
ECOSPEED shall also deliver municipality-specific traffic data to all 12,000 German local authorities; this can be sourced conveniently and free of charge via the new data subscription.
Additional data for local authorities from Switzerland, Germany and Luxembourg are planned in order to make the work of towns and municipalities even easier.
Municipalities and cities have the flexibility to merge themselves into so-called communities, e.g. as a county, canton, federal state, European Energy Award. The community solution enables the data for all municipalities to be managed centrally and efficiently.
Energy and CO2 balance sheets can be generated jointly or as a comparison (benchmark) for all members. In addition, information, documents or notifications can be made visible to all members in their cockpit.
The benefits to you at a glance:
- Flexible structure
Optional collaboration within the various management levels
- Ability to compare municipalities
Benchmarks at the press of a button
- Quality checking for each municipality
Transparency thanks to centralization
- Central data management
Supply of data by county, canton, federal state, ECOSPEED, etc. possible
- Community-specific key data for the initial balance sheet
Increased accuracy of the balance sheet thanks to precise data
Picture: Community version with NRW as an example (fictitious data)
We have compiled the numerous possibilities available to you with the Community license in a short video tutorial: ►Introduction to the ECOSPEED Region Community
You can use the Scenario Module to supplement the energy and CO2 balance of past years (monitoring) with the modeling of future development. This makes it possible to create municipal climate protection concepts even faster and thus at lower cost – while maintaining high quality and comparability.
Profit from this new module to determine local potentials (e.g. local generation of renewable energy) and derive suitable measures to reduce energy consumption (e.g. full renovation of buildings). The capability to determine reference scenarios and local added value rounds off the Scenario Module.
The following functions are available:
- Federal scenarios up to 2050
Reference and climate scenario
- Potential analysis
Local energy production and increase in efficiency
- Simulation of measures
Local energy production and increase in efficiency
- Added value calculation
Investment and maintenance costs as well as cost savings and tax income from initiated measures
- CO2 avoidance calculation
Avoidable CO2 emissions from local generation of renewable energy
Comprehensive information base
We always provide you with the best possible data and continually update the comprehensive key figures for your initial balance sheet using regional, national and international statistics.
In addition, we provide you with comprehensive key figures and factors, which we obtain from international databases, to enable you to calculate your desired results.
You will find an overview of our key performance indicators here:
- National statistics
Overall energy statistics, traffic models, electricity statistics
- Regional data
Energy consumption, traffic counts, production plants
- Greenhouse gas inventories
Evaluation of the national inventories (Kyoto Protocol) for both energy-related and non-energy-related emissions
- Studies, forecasts
Forecasting studies (e.g. Prognos), 2050 energy strategy, traffic models (e.g. Tremod) and many more
- LCA databases
Gemis, ecoinvent, 2000-Watt methodological document
The ECOSPEED Region software enables you to meet the most diverse reporting requirements.
Whether you are a member of one or more city networks (European Energy Award, Covenant of Mayors, Climate Alliance, etc.), you want to create a climate protection concept in accordance with the Climate Protection Initiative guidelines set out by the Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Building and Nuclear Safety (incl. IFEU recommendations) or you require key figures for the 2000-Watt Society, with ECOSPEED Region you can generate all of the information you can think of at the press of a button.
Up-to-date and transparent
- The national and regional key figures provided are always up to date
- All methods and standards are included and new ones will be integrated
- Auditing policies and lists of references ensure transparency
Fast an reliable
- Initial balance sheet can be generated at the press of a button and is more than 90% accurate
- Efficient data management thanks to its simple operation and the ECOSPEED data subscription
- Simple import and export of MS Excel files
- Free hotline
Secure and high-quality
- Checking of balance sheets, incl. seal of approval
- Quality assurance by means of an independent expert committee
- TÜV certified
- On-site support provided by certified consultants and training partners
Standardized and comparable
- Possibility of comparing the municipalities/cities — including internationally
- Can be consistently updated over the year
- Auditing in accordance with all recognized standards
Simple and flexible
- Popular reports can be generated at the press of a button (CoM, eea, KSI, 2kW, etc.)
Auditing method can be chosen at will (final energy, primary energy/LCA)
- Possibility of merging municipalities for efficient data management
Top-down and bottom-up
- Initial balance sheet with national and regional key figures (top-down)
- Refinement of the balance sheet with local data (bottom-up), data sourcing via ECOSPEED data subscription
- Local measures and scenarios (bottom-up)
- Analysis of potential and calculation of added value (bottom-up)
From municipal to international
- Auditing can be carried out at single or multiple management levels
- Depending on the availability of data, key figures already prepared and available
- THE cross-national platform for energy transition processes
Various versions for different client needs:
The licences include unrestricted Internet-access to the tools and the right to exploit all local data and all produced results. Furthermore, the licences include hosting costs, security costs, and the costs of updating national datasets necessary for scaling down national to missing local data.
The licences do not include gathering, entering and updating of local data. ECOSPEED offers this and additional services on request: Individual consulting packages
- Hardware: ECOSPEED Region is online software produced and supported by ECOSPEED. Also the user data are stored and hosted on our servers. Clients only need a PC with Internet access.
- Software: Because data management and all calculations run on ECOSPEED servers, you only require a web-browser to work with ECOSPEED Region. All standard browsers (Firefox, Chrome, IE, Netscape, etc.) can be used. You do not have to install any software on your computer to work with ECOSPEED Region.
Costs for services may vary, depending on availability and quality of local data.
Please find our price list here:
"...efficient tool for development of Baseline Emission Inventory in the context of the Covenant of Mayors (CoM)."